Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Getting Started

Welcome to the Blogger discussion! This will be our "home blog." Each of you will create your own blog, and post the link here. I will add links to all of our blogs on the "blog roll." That way we can visit each other's blogs from here, so please bookmark this page.

To create your blog:

1. Go here to create your blog. If you don’t already have a Google account, this page will help you create one. If you have Gmail, or any other Google service, you already have an account. Don't create a new one unless you really want to have more than one account.

2. If you do already have a Google account, when you sign in from this page, you will go to your dashboard. There is a link on the top create to Create a Blog.

3. All you have to do is create a Name for your blog, and an address (URL). It’s easy, but don’t be hasty. Give it some thought because if you really end up using your blog, you will be living with this name and URL for a long time!

4. Once you have created your blog, you will be able to customize it in several ways.

5. Please post the link to it in a comment here. I will add it to our blog roll.

If you have trouble creating your blog, or if you have any questions or comments, post them in the comments here on this post. This is where we will communicate with our group.

You can also email me directly, marianthacher at gmail dot com.
(I don't post my email in the usual format because I don't want any bots to harvest my email and send me spam.)

9 comments:

  1. I did it! Started my very own blog. Very scary, very exciting, very creative (potentially). The link is http://bonniesophia-write-think-learn.blogspot.com/ I wrote it for me, not necessarily (yet) for the purposes of this group.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I'm glad to have you here, Bonnie. I've followed your posts on various lists and always appreciate your perspective.

    I like the template you chose for your blog. I've added a link to it on the home page of this blog under Blog Roll. Hopefully we will have 22 blogs listed there by the end of this project!

    I look forward to seeing what you decide to post. However you decide to use your blog is fine for the purposes of our discussion. That's the idea - to experiment!

    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took the plunge and decided to name it after my organization so that I can continue to use it for this purpose. http://padlp.blogspot.com/
    Just created it -- nothing posted yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi All,

    The blog I set up for our class is http://LiteracyforAllbyLaura.blogspot.com . I have decided to use this site to ask for research and other information being generated on literacy.
    It would be wonderful if members from the class with similar interests would join and follow. I will in turn join your sites.

    The other site I have, I just started last week. It grew out of discussions held in one of my classes. The site is http://bluezsinger.wordpress.com/. This site is a place for women to go who have returned to school and are looking to give and receive support in their journey. I added twitter to it with my account lit50 (on the issues of women returning to school and literacy). This is also a brand new account. It takes a lot of time to begin the process of networking into many sites to even begin to become effective. I am open to all commentary and of course I would love support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Staci - great start! I left a comment on your blog, and added it to our blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, thanks for sharing your links with us. I like the name bluezsinger! Naming your blog is a whole topic in itself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Marian. Can you guess where I got the name bluezsinger from? I was thinking of "lady sings the blues". it seemed appropriate for those days of doubt and anxiety.

    I am participating in three small groups this week and I will admit I am getting a tad confused. Do I need to go to AALPD blog home page to access the blogs being set up by everyone in the group?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, it's a perfect name!

    It must be challenging trying to keep up with 3 groups! Yes, the links to everyone's blogs are on our main blog page, aalpdgroup.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My first blog!

    http://casastraining.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete